Individual Development Improves Outcomes
Take the Necessary Steps to Achieve Your Goals
Executives, leaders, and managers frequently create individual development plans to identify, develop and improve specific competencies. This process, which often includes 360° evaluation and feedback, does an effective job of identifying issues and raising awareness. However, it rarely includes any formal process to support follow-through on the resulting personal development goals and objectives set in the individual development plans.
Actively Support and Manage the Follow-Through Process
The fastest and most effective way to improve outcomes and return on investment from development planning initiatives is to actively support and manage the follow-through process. ResultsEngine, designed to work seamlessly with the Leadership Circle Profile and The Leadership Circle workshops, provides a web-based support system for the individual combined with a manager and/or coach’s communication link to facilitate asynchronous coaching and feedback. ResultsEngine is powered by the Fort Hill Company.
- Reminders: Sends emails automatically to the user with a reminder of development objectives and provides a link to a personal ResultsEngine site.
- Teaches: GuideMe™ is a unique, just-in-time online mentor that suggests practical goal-specific actions the user can take to make continuous progress.
- Coaches: Facilitates requesting and receiving feedback. The system sends an email to the individual’s executive coach and/or manager with a link to the update and a built-in feedback form. The executive coach or manager can communicate back to the user through email with targeted feedback and support based on the most recent progress update.
- Monitors: Provides selected leaders the ability to track progress and communicate with users.
- Documents: Creates a record of actions taken on the development plan, progress made and feedback received, which facilitates the evaluation of results and behavior change.
ResultsEngine Implementation Support
- User Guide: We provide materials for each user and selected leaders detailing the development follow-through process and how to use the ResultsEngine system.
- Website: We establish a personalized development site with a secure individual account for each user.
- Getting Started: Once users have set their development goals with their manager or coach, they are prompted by email to log in and input their goals at the beginning of the process.
- Update Schedule: Email reminders to update progress are sent according to the client’s specific plan–typically once a month over a six month period.